The answer: Turnaround
Present situation of the industry
Recent developments in electrification, shared mobility and autonomous driving will change the market for cars and trucks in the next years. Big OEM's will be forced to fundamentally change their value chain and their portfolio, within shortly, smaller suppliers (Tier2, Tier3) are the last link in the chain. Suppliers have to deal with new technologies as quickly as possible at high Capex and Opex, otherwise they will be out of business in 5 to 10 years. From today's perspective, only 40% of companies are well prepared for changing markets.
2/3 of vehicle technology is supplied by third party vendors, four out of five suppliers have to cope with up to 30% losses of market share in the next few years. Many, but not all, of those companies have reinforced their equity position in recent years.
During 2018, several automotive suppliers were listed in the TOP 50 of the largest insolvencies in 2018 in Germany (e.g. SAM Automotive), others will probably follow during 2019.
Serious forecasts are based on increasing insolvencies in the automotive trade due to disruptive business model changes as well as the negative influence of the diesel discussion and the changeover to the new WLTP emissions standard.
Typical Projects (examples):
- avoidance of insolvency proceedings: swiss developer of toolings … (MAG)
- preparation of planned bankruptcy and partial asset sale: plant engineering … (PHO)
- Reorganization and Restructuring: automotive supplier for body parts … (FTH)
- Restructuring and repositioning of a mechanical & plant engineering company … (DVO)
Production / Interim-Plant Manager
- factory restructuring: plant engineering … (WVS)
Development / Interim-Program-Management
- Turnaround of an R&D project: automotive supplier for electronic components … (TSC)
Finance / Controlling
- restructuring / growth finance: automotive supplier … (SGO)
- turnaround / reorganization of corporate management: mechanical and plant engineering … (SGO)
- staff restructuring: automotive supplier (seating) … (MSC)
- avoidance of insolvency proceedings by restructuring staff: mechanical engineering … (MSC))
Our service – your benefit
In the forefront a possible insolvency and also during ongoing proceedings, new strategies have to be developed which can be implemented quickly by using experienced interim managers from different disciplines, as a team or as an individual.
ABTF can assemble a powerful, experienced competence team, a "Task Force", under leadership of an experienced CRO. We can cope with different situations, from slackening activities to growth phases and change processes. This task force is able to ensure appropriate decisions and the professional implementation of the necessary restructuring measures throughout the entire value chain.
With our special "Simultaneous Turnaround Approach" we improve your competitive position and create sustainable, verifiable results.
Our goal is to create entrepreneurial added value for our clients within the shortest time possible, where fees paid to us flow back in less than one year (pay back < 1 year).
As a leading industry specialist for professional interim management "in line" and "in projects" within the automotive sector, you can rely on effective, efficient and sustainable solutions with ABTF!
We implement and create added value!